Looks like both Dale and I were busy this weekend. I'm posting too.
First I wanted to show a hallway tile for a cavern instead of a dungeon. I wanted the "spaces" to be somewhat irregular, but still be "fair" in terms of it being easy to see what spaces are diagonal to and lateral to another space (this is important in some games). Also I wanted to use a color other than gray so I went with brown. Nothing earth shattering here, I just wanted to show you all the tile. I did paint a rat's skull on this one to though.
And I don't mean just any Troll, I mean a classic, 1st Edition AD&D Monster Manual Troll.
I have always been a sucker for these rubbery, bug-eyed, no pupil eyes, regenerating terrors with the "blown back" look hair. The more I look at this guy, the more I find him oddly terrifying ...
Construction is a tall shaker peg (I can't remember how long, I think something like 1 and 1/4" long maybe?) with a split egg for a head, a tapered rounded plug for hair, and two disk-like beads for his bulging eyes. The arms are actually large tile spacers that I cut to shape. The nose, too, is an "arm" of a tile spacer glued to the split egg.
And now, for you old timers, a scene out of D1 or D2, or maybe even certain parts of Q1. If you don't know what I'm talking about, that's okay, just enjoy the picture.
- ► 2017 (35)
- New Hero & Tribute to Gary Gygax & David A. Trampi...
- More Dungeon Terrain & a New Hero!
- Starting New 28mm DBA Hun Army
- Erol Otus Tribute, a New Monster, and a Treasure P...
- Forgot to Include the Monster in the Post below!
- Dungeon Furniture, Walls, & a Monster
- Early Christmas Present: a Cricut Cutter
- Dungeon Terrain & a Troll!
- Austrian Dragoons 1866 and Why Craft?
- Doppleganger & Flesh Golem
- Spanish Troops in Bicorne
- Air Elemental & Drow
- Iron Golem & Hallway
- ▼ December (13)
- ► 2011 (43)
Hello Everyone [Matt here], Dale was nice enough to invite me to submit a guest entry on his Wooden Warriors blog. I was more than happy t...
My goal was to scratch-build and paint a 28mm DBA Early Armenian (II/28(b)) army in twelve days, but I did not make it. More like 24 days, e...
So the call went out on the Wargaming on a Budget forum for how to make helmets for ancient warriors, like a Greek Hoplite. I have been won...
I decided to use the rules Song of Drums and Shakos (SDS), which are simple to teach, but give the player tactical choices to make, so it n...
I was costing out my various Napoleonic figures for the rules Song of Drums and Shakos , and I thought it would be interesting to try and co...
One of the uniform elements that I really like is the Prussian pickelhaube from the Franco-Prussian War-era, similar to this one . In additi...
Generally speaking, I stay away from Hot Glue and Hot Glue Guns. I inevitably burn my fingertips by smooshing it into the molten glue at som...
This is why I paint Napoleonics. It is because of uniforms like this. I first saw a picture of the 1807 French Napoleonics Carabiniers in a ...
I was accused of teasing :) you all with my last entry, because I did not include a picture of the final product. That wasn't teasing; I...
Hi Everyone, I finally got around to painting the Mind Flayer and the Otyugh figures I made a while back. I've been working on a &quo...
Labels I Use in Posts
- ancients (26)
- battle report (4)
- beads (2)
- casting (4)
- dba (10)
- experiments (57)
- fantasy (39)
- gaming (26)
- medieval (4)
- minimalist (3)
- napoleonic (41)
- news (2)
- painting (36)
- printed paper (8)
- products (12)
- review (12)
- sci-fi (3)
- Shadowsea (2)
- soldiers (109)
- steampunk (3)
- terrain (4)
- tools (11)
- toy (3)
- tutorial (70)
- warriors (124)
- wooden (149)
- WWII (2)