- Not put so much detail into the initial figure. As I am mounting the figures singly, theoretically I can always add the detail later.
- Build the figure completely before painting.
I hope to have pictures of the prototype (which is finished) by the end of the weekend. I've made pretty good progress on the remainder already.
I figured out that I have got to find a way to use these figures soon, otherwise I will lose momentum - and thus interest in finishing the project - which would not be a happy thing! So, I decided that I have got to take up Napoleonic skirmish games, like Song of Drum and Shako (horrible name, fun game) and Sharp Practice. The former is good for up to about 20 figures, I think, while the latter plays better at 20+. So, by the time SDS is getting unmanageable, SP will be starting to get interesting.
So far I have:
- 4 French Grenadiers of the Ligne
- 4 French Voltigeurs of the Ligne
- 16 French Fusiliers of the Ligne
- 4 French Chasseurs of the Legere
- 1 French Chasseur Officer of the Legere
- 1 Russian Guard Cossack
- 6 British King's German Legion Light Dragoon Troopers
- 1 British King's German Legion Light Dragoon Officer
- 1 British Foot Officer (Mounted)