Monday, December 20, 2010
Vivandiere - Finishing the Top Hat and Making the Skirt
I took more Crayola Modelling Magic Fusion and made a skirt (left picture).I know it looks a little blocky right now, but I will add more material at the bottom so that it has more of a flair. I just did not want the material too thick in a single layer, slowing drying time.
I considered adding rolls of material vertically down the dress, to represent the folds. In the end I decided that the look was not good and that it would be better to keep it simple and use paint for such "effects", if I wanted them.
I added some material at the back (center picture) of the top hat to represent the scarf, wrapped around the base of the top hat's crown (it will be painted, not molded) and hanging down in the back. I too a flat piece of material shaped as an inverted "V" and glued it to the back, then took scissors and cut out a notch once the material had dried a bit.
The last piece is adding a small ball of material at the back of the head (right picture) as a hair 'bun'. Not readily visible now, but once it is painted it will be.
Boy, the more I look at that skirt, the more I really don't like it as it is. One more layer to add before going to bed!
- ► 2017 (38)
- ► 2011 (43)
- Greek Trojan War Figure Completed
- French Ligne Drummer
- Vivandiere - Complete
- Greek in the Trojan War
- Vivandiere - Started the painting
- Vivandiere - Finishing the Top Hat and Making the ...
- Vivandiere - Making the Top Hat
- French Legere Firing
- Firing Pose
- MAG-Con II - First Game with Napoleonic Wooden War...
- Preparing for MAG-Con II
- ▼ December (11)
Hello Everyone [Matt here], Dale was nice enough to invite me to submit a guest entry on his Wooden Warriors blog. I was more than happy t...
My goal was to scratch-build and paint a 28mm DBA Early Armenian (II/28(b)) army in twelve days, but I did not make it. More like 24 days, e...
So the call went out on the Wargaming on a Budget forum for how to make helmets for ancient warriors, like a Greek Hoplite. I have been won...
I decided to use the rules Song of Drums and Shakos (SDS), which are simple to teach, but give the player tactical choices to make, so it n...
One of the uniform elements that I really like is the Prussian pickelhaube from the Franco-Prussian War-era, similar to this one . In additi...
I was costing out my various Napoleonic figures for the rules Song of Drums and Shakos , and I thought it would be interesting to try and co...
Generally speaking, I stay away from Hot Glue and Hot Glue Guns. I inevitably burn my fingertips by smooshing it into the molten glue at som...
I was accused of teasing :) you all with my last entry, because I did not include a picture of the final product. That wasn't teasing; I...
This is why I paint Napoleonics. It is because of uniforms like this. I first saw a picture of the 1807 French Napoleonics Carabiniers in a ...
Hi Everyone, I finally got around to painting the Mind Flayer and the Otyugh figures I made a while back. I've been working on a &quo...
Labels I Use in Posts
- ancients (26)
- battle report (4)
- beads (3)
- casting (4)
- dba (10)
- experiments (64)
- fantasy (55)
- gaming (33)
- medieval (7)
- minimalist (4)
- napoleonic (42)
- news (3)
- painting (40)
- printed paper (8)
- products (12)
- review (12)
- sci-fi (5)
- Shadowsea (2)
- soldiers (131)
- steampunk (3)
- terrain (7)
- tools (11)
- toy (8)
- tutorial (74)
- warriors (149)
- wooden (179)
- WWII (3)