Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Two Undead Bosses!

Finished up my undead project today with two "boss" figures, a wight (which I've never done) and a 2.0 version of a lich.  Here be the pair!
I'm not that much of a "fan" of the new way that wights are being portrayed in fantasy rpgs, mainly as these armored, weapon wielding horrors.  I get it, I know that there is a strong Tolkien influence in this, but that's more from the movies than from his writings.  I'm more of a traditional "barrow wight" kind of a guy that remembers way back in the 70's playing D&D and coming upon these terrors.  No weapons.  They don't need them.  Their touch drains 1 level.  Far more terrifying than any weapon to a lower level PC!  I wanted the wight to have a "you there, get out of my barrow mound!" look to him.  I also went with the traditional 1st edition AD&D "wight hair" for lack of a better term.  I always thought that a wight should look like an evil Ozzie Osborn, and I think mine does.

The lich is the same skeleton construction, I just put a cloak on him and a magical staff in his hand.  I know they are often put in clothing, but I've always thought of them as thinking that clothing is beneath them.  They are so obsessed with understanding the secrets of magic that they made themselves undead ... I honestly think they could care less if they are wearing pants.

Hope you like them!

2 comments:

  1. Nice spiky hair and capes!

    I agree with the unarmored look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the lich, but I have to admit, I really like the wight. He came out far better than I had hoped and a lot of it had to do with luck. I just happened to get his eyes and mouth done in a way that really looks good for that type of an undead. Although the lich’s cloak looks pretty good in person (I think the dark purple doesn’t photograph very well).

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Followers

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Labels I Use in Posts