Sunday, July 30, 2023

Finally Finished!

 I got distracted with some regular 28mm miniature painting, but this weekend I focused on my Conan game and finished everything.  Here is a pick of the set up from the beginning of the game, with our three heroes standing outside the opening of the orgy of the Snake Cult, ready to sneak in and steal back the princess.

This will be the starting point of the game.  The heroes need to sneak in, climb the stairs or the rock walls at the rear of the chamber to get up to the top level where the princess is located.  Right now she is in the chamber with Thulsa Doom.  The merry-makers on the lower level are busy having "fun" and eating their "stew".

A close up of the three heroes:  Subotai in the lead, Valeria behind, and the big man himself Conan brings up the rear.  I can see I need to touch-up the bases a bit!

The cult members party down while their big boy serves up the stew!

Thulsa Doom and the princess hanging out in the royal chamber overlooking their followers.  Two guards stand outside protecting them.  As you can see, I just had to add the mural on the rear wall of the chamber to my set up even though I didn't plan to do it originally.  I love how it turned out!  Very happy I changed my mind and decided to add it!

A famous scene from the movie (who knows if this will happen in the actual game!) as Subotai sneaks up the stairs to dispatch the cult member stirring the stew.

Another famous scene.  Valeria is about to take this guard by surprise and ... well, let's just say she finishes him off.

"You!"  I just had to use this pose, even though a fighting pose might have been more useful in the game.  This is just too iconic of a pose not to use!  I fleshed out his arms to give him "muscles" using cut tile spacers.  Happy with the result!


Thulsa Doom sitting atop his huge cushion with the princess at his feet.  Those two holes in the wall back there?  Couldn't be important, right?


Thulsa Doom begins his transformation into a snake!  Again, too iconic not to have in the game.


Completed his transformation, now retreating through one of the holes to safety!

This game board was a TOUGH build, but I am happy I did it.  It came out way better than I thought it would.  I also have the figures for the retreat, guards and Picts to chase the heroes after they get the princess.  They will have to fight their way past them and exit through the hallway to win the game.  At that point it will move away from the movie scene a bit, but that's okay, it will be a better game having them have to fight their way out.  I am not going to have the two main evil heroes show up in this game like they do in the movie, just lots of guards for the heroes to wade through.

I'm doing a test run of the game in a few weeks at one of my gaming friend's house and I'll try to take lots of pictures and post about it.  Then it's off to Barrage at the end of September where I'll be running three games of this scenario on Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. That is an amazingly rich set and should be a great scenario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dale! I have playtested it twice and it is a tougher than usual scenario for the heroes. We'll see how it goes at Barrage next month.

      Delete
    2. Will you be going to Fall-In in November?

      Delete

Contributors

Followers

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Labels I Use in Posts