Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Mounted Serpent Guard

I was able to get these guys painted pretty quickly.  Having done the other cavalry unit before, I learned from my mistakes and had less "repainting" over mistakes this time, even though these guys are much more complicated than the other ones.

Here the are arrayed.


Now for some closer up shots.





And now from the rear.


Turned out pretty good, I'm happy with them.  This completes are the regular troops for the first Conan game.  What is left are the four heroes (Conan, Valeria, Subotai, and Akiro) and the main three bad guys.  For the two henchmen I'm going to do a mounted and foot figure.  For Thulsa Doom I am going to do four mounted figures of him in different positions.  I'll describe what my thinking is about that when I actually get around to doing them.

Now, off to paint Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser ... as well as about 40 metal figures.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic work, they have come out so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It continues to be the case that if I've already figured out what the paint scheme will be, so I'm not sitting there with a brush in my hand trying to figure out what color to paint whatever on the miniature, painting goes really quickly. Even with drying time, I spent about 3 hours total on these 6 cavalry figures. The time is in the building of them. Part of that is because the glue takes so long to dry. But part of it is just the process involved in building them.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Followers

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Labels I Use in Posts