Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Zombies!

It's been a while, I've been doing a lot of Mage Knight repaints for my fantasy rpg I've been running, but I wanted to redo some of my old figures.  I thought I would start with the skeletons and the zombies.  This post is about the zombies.

I used a shaker peg for the body, tile spacer feet and arms, round bead for the head, and used paper on some of the miniatures to create hair and torn clothing.  I wasn't going to do any paper on these, I've been wanting to keep the monsters super simple so I can build a lot of them in a short period of time, but it just seemed to add a lot to the zombies to put hair and torn clothing on them and it's not that difficult since everything is supposed to look so haphazard.

The three adventurers went into the room to sack it, but didn't realize that a magical alarm would sound upon their entering of the room, calling a bunch of zombies to come and attack the intruders!

View if you are the thief trying to pry out the gem eyes of the idol.

Closer up shot of the six new zombies.  You can see more clearly the unkempt hair and torn clothing.  In the future, I think I would do more of the ones that have their arms outstretched, they look the coolest.

View from the other side.  The one in the back has no paper on him at all.  The others have paper hair, paper clothing (at least their shirts), or both.  I think the paper adds a lot to the minis and it is not nearly as hard to do as it is on a character figure, where you have to make it look all symmetrical and such.




1 comment:

  1. Although I’m not fond of zombie games, these guys are great! I can see that they add an interesting dimension to fantasy role-playing games. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Followers

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Labels I Use in Posts